Scalable Single-use Chromatography System
Two scales in one skid!
Patent-pending design enables fasy and easy scale up from 0.25-inch to 0.5 inch tubing - or scale down - with the same skid
Transition from one size tubing to another in just one day
Brand-agnostic filters, columns, and other components enables the use of best-in-class components for every part of the skid
Manual control to fully automated with your preferred platform
Flexible system design with configurable flow path to meet your precise requirements
Dual inlet headers with dedicated flow sensors – deliver accurate control throughout inline dilution and gradient steps
Outlet back pressure control valve – enables offline column pressure simulation to stabilize pumps and smooth transition to inline columns
Want to learn more about the Agilitech Scalable Single-use Chromatography skid?
Scaling your bioprocess – up or down – just got faster, easier, and more cost effective
At Agilitech, we’re committed to the development of innovative and flexible bioprocess solutions that empower our customers to achieve their goals. The new scalable chromatography skid, which features a patent-pending design, is the perfect example of this commitment.
It can be configured and optimized for both 0.25-inch and 0.50-inch tubing by simply switching out the relevant components and tubing set.
A truly agile solution that delivers unprecedented time and cost savings
This flexible 2-skids-in-one solution enables users to easily scale up or down their process, or to handle different volumes within the same bioprocess. Within 24 hours, you can be ready to run your process at a scaled up or scaled down capacity, using exactly the same equipment, operations and interface that you’re used to.
With an Agilitech skid that scales, there’s no delay while you procure, configure, and qualify a new skid for the next stage of your process, and there’s no need to learn an entirely new platform and re-train operators. On top of that, there’s the significant cost savings by eliminating the need to buy a second skid.
How the scalable chromatography skid works
The first step to scaling the skid up or down is to change out components such as the pump receivers, valve inserts, flow sensors, bubble detectors, and the back-pressure regulator. All of the components that you need to configure the skid to a different size are provided in an adaptor kit.
In the next step, the tubing set is exchanged. The unique scalable skid design integrates a proprietary mechanism that enables you to adjust the frame out (for a larger scale) or in (for a smaller scale). This ensures an optimal fit for the tubing, eliminating excess tubing and hold-up volume to maintain efficiency.
In the final step, parameters for the new skid configuration are changed via the control panel by simply selecting the tubing size from the drop-down menu. The specifications for each scale are pre-programmed. This process is the same whether you are scaling up from 1/4-inch to 1/2-inch tubing or scaling down.
All of the benefits of our standard chromatography systems
- Configured to meet your unique needs—whether it’s removing inlets/outlets, filters, etc., we can handle any combination of features/functions
- Column- and resin-agnostic—allows you to choose your preferred brand of columns/filters
- Flexible control: run manually, load individual steps (Prime, Wash, Load, Elution, etc.) or run a fully automated sequence
- Run process in upflow or downflow
- Transition from flow control to pressure control, if needed (in case of filter fouling)
- Run, bind and elute, or flow through process steps
- Add multiple column connections for serial operation, if needed
Manual or fully automated control
- Easy operation via user friendly control panel
- Can be delivered with your preferred automation and control platform: DeltaV, Rockwell Automation, Inductive Automation Ignition Software, Wonderware, or other platform
- Controls are based on an ISA-88 batch-compliant structure
Single-use technology for a safe and sterile process
- Fully sterilized, single-use tubing set, complete with integrated sensors, minimizes risk of contamination
- Sterile-to-sterile connections for inlets/outlets reduce contamination risks
- Uses only the highest quality components, delivering USP <88> Class VI certified single-piece tubing sets that ensure sterility throughout use
0–8 LPM (± 3%)
0–20 LPM (± 3%)
|Pressure||0-60 psi/4 bar|
|Operating Temperature Range||2–50°C|
|Utility Required, Skid Power*||
|Wetted Materials||USP <88> Class VI and animal free|
|Inlets||8 (4 ea inlet header)|
|Pressure Sensor Performance||0–6 psi (± 2%)
6–30 psi (± 3%)
30–60 psi (± 5%)
*Compressed air (oil free) @ 80 psi/5.5 bar
Specifications represent standard Agilitech models and may change when customized for specific customer applications. Specifications subject to change without notice.
Service and support to fit your exact needs
All Agilitech single-use single-use technologies are built to the highest standards and delivered with the documentation you need:
- Standard Factory Acceptance Testing (FAT) and Site Acceptance Testing (SAT) documentation provided upon delivery; we can also use your specific documentation, if preferred
- Installation Qualification (IQ) and Operational Qualification (OQ) testing and documentation available for use in cGMP production
If needed, we will partner with you to develop Performance Qualification (PQ) testing; supplemental documents such as Qualification Project Plan (QPP), Criticality Assessment and Risk Assessment can also be provided.
All Agilitech single-use chromatography systems are delivered with a recommended preventative maintenance plan and spare parts list. We also provide maintenance service to ensure pumps, transmitters and all other components function within specification.
Want to learn more about the scalable single-use chromatography system?
Please complete this form and an Agilitech specialist will be in touch.